If you are looking for easy flower pot crafts to do with the kids this Patriotic Flower Pot Craft is super fun and perfect for the summer holidays! With only a few supplies needed, this flower pot craft is easy to make and my kids loved it!
Patriotic Flower Pot Craft
I am a big fan of terra cotta flower pot crafts because they are easy to make with multiple kids. With 4 kids, I need projects and crafts that are easy for them all to do that they will all also enjoy.
Anytime we make flower pot crafts, we then use them to plant flowers. I can not tell you that our flowers actually survive because I am a horrible planter, but it is fun!
If you are looking for more Red, white and Blue crafts, I LOVE this Flag hand print craft, this Patriotic Felt Wall Hanging Craft and this DIY Wooden Crate flag craft. If you are looking for some festive 4th of July decorations, this Red, white and blue fabric pendant, is awesome!
Patriotic Flower Pot Craft Supplies:
- Small terra cotta flower pot
- Red, white, and blue craft paint
- Paint brushes
- Filler of choice – Plant or flower
How to Make Patriotic Flower Pot Craft
1. Begin by applying two coats of white craft paint to the entire flower pot. You do not need to paint the inside of the pot.
2. Once the paint has dried, you can begin creating your red stripes. Keep a steady hand and begin placing red paint stripes around the entire flower pot. It may be easier to gently press the paint brush to the pot and turn the pot instead of moving the actual brush.
3. When your red paint is dry, you can apply a thick band of blue craft paint at the top of the pot. Just paint the entire rim with blue craft paint and allow to dry.
4. Dip the q-tip into white craft paint and create your stars by making simple white dots. You can make as many or as little as you wish.
5. Once the entire piece has dried, you can fill the pot with a filler of your choice. Plant herbs, simple flowers, or even place silk plants into the pot and display.