If you are looking for a fun craft to do with the kids, then you are going to love this Patriotic Felt Flag Wall Hanging Craft, that once made makes a fantastic 4th of July decoration!
Patriotic Felt Flag Wall Hanging Craft
This felt flag craft is one that can be used year after year as a decoration after you make it. The great thing about this flag craft is that it doesn’t have to be perfect to look awesome hanging up on the wall!
If you have younger kids, you might want to cut the stars and stripes out ahead of time for them to glue on.
If you are looking for more Red, white and Blue crafts, I LOVE this Flag hand print craft, this Patriotic Flower Pot Craft and this DIY Wooden Crate flag craft. If you are looking for some festive 4th of July decorations, this Red, white and blue fabric pendant, is awesome!
Patriotic Felt Flag Wall Hanging Craft Supplies:
How to Make Patriotic Felt Wall Hanging Craft
1. Begin by placing the red felt inside the wooden embroidery hoop. Pull it tightly and make sure there are no wrinkles.
2. Take your scissors and trim around the hoop so you have clean edges.
3. Create stripes from the white craft felt. Add a dab of glue to the ends of each strip and apply it to the red felt, starting at the bottom and working your way to the top.
4. The higher you get, you should shorten your white felt strips to make room for the blue segment of your flag.
5. Once the strips are in place, you can cut out a square segment to place in the upper left hand corner if you need an extra stripe. Just add a few dabs of glue and press into place.
6. Once all of your white stripes are in place cut a piece of blue felt to to fit in the corner. Then glue the blue felt on to the left hand side.
7.Cut out white stars (we just freehanded ours) and add a dab of glue to each. Press the stars to the blue felt and allow to dry.
8. Once your felt is dry, your patriotic wall hanging is ready to be displayed.